[thelist] Help requested building a web standards based admin

Jonathan Dillon jdillon at boehm-ritter.com
Wed Feb 16 16:38:44 CST 2005

Hi list!

I have a really cool data driven project, but need some help figuring out
how to implement.  Basically, I have pages that are template driven, using a
series of tiles like so:

------------------------
|  tile 1              |
------------------------
------------------------
|  tile 2              |
------------------------
------------------------
|  tile 3              |
------------------------

Each one of these is a div.  I'm trying to implement a system that allows
you to change the order of the divs, so on the page (dynamically, with
buttons or drag and drop):

------------------------
|  tile 1              |
------------------------
------------------------
|  tile 3              |
------------------------
------------------------
|  tile 2              |

And then be able to write this value back to a postgres database.  I'm
hoping to avoid doing it with "dhtml", as I'd like a web standards solution.

I'm completely in a quip about this -- I just can't get it to work.  I've
tried about 10 different approaches (all based on building an array of
getElementbyID.

Has anyone out there done this before?  Is there a working solution
somewhere?

Thanks much for your consideration!

Jonathan