[thelist] Re: differences in javascript regexp among browsers?

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 03:24:51 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:22:41 -0800, Diane Soini
<dianesoini at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well, what I have been doing is pretty simple stuff. Just split on a
> simple pattern, or match a relatively simple pattern. But the array
> returned is of different lengths in different browsers.

Do you have some examples?

> You say IE5 has the most problems. Well, if you use IE6 with an invalid
> or no doctype are you in effect using IE5?

That's the rendering engine. The scripting engine is still the same as
in ie6 and not ie5.0.

> So, is there an alternative or a best practice for using these regexps
> in a way that returns results more uniformly?

Well, if you give me some code to have a look at, I might be able to tell.

--
David "liorean" Andersson
<uri:http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>