[thelist] Help with css layout / IE issue

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:36:46 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:25:16 -0800, Maximillian Schwanekamp
<lists at neptunewebworks.com> wrote:

> Your .sidebar is too wide.  Try setting an explicit width on it; Maximum
> 210px worked in a quick test for me on IE 5.01.  Also since you have
> padding: 5px 20px 5px 30px on .sideSection, the div.sideSection with the
> Get Firefox image is forcing the column to be 230px wide.  Either use a
> smaller Get FF img, or reduce the padding.  I vote the latter.

Thanks for the help. Setting an explicit width for the .sidebar work
perfectly. The site now looks the same in IE 5.0x, 5.5 and 6. I can't
wait for IE 7 to come out :-P

Now to get the site so that it validate as xhtml transititional.
However, for this, I know exaclty what it wrong, I just can't seem to
solve it and still get the design that I want.

Once again, thanks to all that helped me with this, it is appreciated.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd