SPAM-LOW: RE: [thelist] Internet Explorer 7

Mike evolt at muinar.com
Sat Feb 19 17:27:42 CST 2005

At 22:31 19.02.2005 +1100, you wrote:
>: It's in _our_interest_ that the web is
>: still there in five or ten years.
>
>I'm sure the web will still be there in 5-10 years. It's survived the last 10
>years of competing standards, and I'm sure it'll survive the next 10.

What if...

... MS does *not* manage to respond to these security issues. Because the
issues are there as long as MS products have a near-monopoly on the web,
which is exploited by worms, virii and adware...

... Web users lose interest because they're more and more flooded with
'bad things that come from the web'...

... Companies lose significant numbers of visitors and close their websites...

... Security expenses for companies are growing, until they decide to
simply disconnect their employees' computers from the web.

Gladly, there are also other possible scenarios   :)

You could even say, as long as MS doesn't fully respect the standards,
their security problem won't be solved. Just another marketing fluff - ?

As you said, they're doing it for the shareholders. Or for the shares.
Which doesn't automatically include a long-term interest   ;)

Mike

_____  mike s. krischker  http://webdesign-schweiz.ch/