[thelist] asp.net error: BC30560: 'home_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sat Feb 19 22:02:01 CST 2005

: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: Sent: Friday, 18 February 2005 3:49 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] asp.net error: BC30560: 'home_ascx' is ambiguous in the
: Src="update/sidebar/home.ascx" %>
: <html>
: <head>
:
: and then later:
:
: <insert:sidebar runat="server"/>
:
: This was working just fine for a very long time.  Then I made some simple
: text changes to the file at "update/sidebar/homex.ascx", and then I
: started
: getting this error (below).  Why would it just all of a sudden start doing
: this?  If I change the name of the file to, say homez.ascx and make the
: same
: change in the register tag, it works again.  I don't think there is any
: conflict with the file name "home.ascx" as I was using it for days and
: days
: with no errors.
:
: Then, to make matters even more weird, the EXACT SAME thing started
: happening on the about.aspx page as well.
:
:
: <%@ Register TagPrefix="insert" TagName="sidebar"
: Src="update/sidebar/about.ascx" %>
:
: with this in the body:
:
: <insert:sidebar runat="server"/>
:
: Again, if I change the name of the file and the reference in the register,
: it works.
:
: All this would lead me to believe that this is some weird bug in IIS, but
: I
: am stumped.  What gives?
:
:
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: required to service this request. Please review the following specific
: error
: details and modify your source code appropriately.
:
: Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'home_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace
: 'ASP'.
:
: Source Error:
:
:
: Line 39: <insert:sidebar runat="server"/>
:
:
: Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\jens2\default.aspx    Line: 39
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:
:
:
:
: --
:
: * * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
: http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
:
: For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester
: and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
: Workers of the Web, evolt !