[thelist] Parent <DIV> won't take background color

Daniel LeVangie-Stricklen muraii at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 13:29:09 CST 2005

Hi, all,

1.  Yeah, I mistakenly type "#container" at odd points
throughout my message, rather than "#content".

2.  I had a hunch that there was some aspect of the
nature of <div>s that I was missing, and, honestly, I
hadn't looked into the spec more than what was covered
in the <div> entry at www.w3schools.com.  I might have
had my memory about the nature of floated content
creating an effective height of 0 for the containing

Thanks for all who replied.

Daniel