[thelist] importing a non-standard datadump

Benjamin Tilley kalos at carolina.rr.com
Tue Feb 22 13:18:32 CST 2005

Control-H to open the Replace menu, for "Find What" put "\n" (minus
quotes) and for "Replace With" put in "xxlinexx".  Then add a check to
the third box on the left hand column labled "Regular Expression".  I'd
do a find first (top right button) to make sure you find a '\n' and then
replace it.  If all goes well then just hit "Replace All" and Bob's yer
Uncle.

I have to use this all the time to replace spaces with tabs (or <br>
with <br />).

-ben