[thelist] importing a non-standard datadump

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Feb 23 07:29:16 CST 2005

Benjamin Tilley wrote:
> Control-H to open the Replace menu, for "Find What" put "\n" (minus
> quotes) and for "Replace With" put in "xxlinexx".  Then add a check to
> the third box on the left hand column labled "Regular Expression".  I'd
> do a find first (top right button) to make sure you find a '\n' and then
> replace it.  If all goes well then just hit "Replace All" and Bob's yer
> Uncle.

Thanks for the help guys.  After doing search and replaces for most of
the day yesterday, i thought i had a decent file to play with.
go to import it-
And now, i am missing a field (most likely a ,"", field).  Of course, in
24,000 records, and tons of 2nd address lines filled in this way, looks
like its time to go back to the client and have them send me another
dump, and start all over :(