[thelist] MySQL, PHP, and passwords

Ivo P ipletikosic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:23:04 CST 2005

i've also seen some sites that request two secret questions and if
correct allow you to reset the password so its never set in cleartext.

on a related note, what are people's feelings about sha-1 & md5 being 'broken'?

http://pages.infinit.net/ctech/20040918-0855.html

http://pluralsight.com/blogs/keith/archive/2005/02/16/5907.aspx

just trying to get a sense of how web professionals that use them see
this develoment.