[thelist] pros and cons of absolute positioning in css

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Wed Feb 23 10:50:36 CST 2005

It occurs to me that I've been avoiding the use of absolute positioning
in my CSS and in the back of my head I think there is a good reason for
this, but for the life of me I can't remember what that reason is. I
think it would make my work much easier if I used absolute positioning;
I could more precisely position elements in my layout, and I could order
my html in a more search-engine friendly way while having it laid out
(visually) in a different order.

Can someone tell my why absolute positioning is not recommended, or let
me know if I'm torturing myself unnecessarily?

TIA

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com