[thelist] Firefox Questions/Check

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:56:39 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:43:39 -0600, Scott Wehrenberg <swehren at gmail.com> wrote:
> Really odd... this may possibly be a linux thing if you have a lot of
> linux users. It's looking bad in every browser I use under linux. I
> haven't tried it with FF under windows, but from what everyone else is
> saying it looks like it's fine there. Here are some screenshots:
>
> http://mvandscott.com/firefox.jpg
> http://mvandscott.com/opera.jpg
> http://mvandscott.com/konqueror.jpg
>
> It's extremely strange to me that all three of those browsers choked
> on the design. I had to actually fire up IE in wine to make sure
> that's not what the design was supposed to look like.
> --

If you turn off css support in firefox on windows, it matches the
screenshots that Scott posted. You have all the css placed inline in
the html page and you are using the media="screen" attribute. I am
wondering if this is part of the cause. Maybe try moving the css out
into a proper file and accessing it that way.

When I tried to validate the css it said that no css could be found.
This may be part of your problem.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd