[thelist] RE: pros and cons of absolute positioning in css

Brooking, John John.Brooking at sappi.com
Wed Feb 23 13:53:43 CST 2005

Mr. Sanders (Sarah Sweeney) said:
> Can someone tell my why absolute positioning is not recommended,
> or let me know if I'm torturing myself unnecessarily?

Probably because (I'm pretty sure) absolute positioning was not included
in CSS1, only CSS 2+, and older browsers do not support it well, if at
all. Which is becoming less important, of course, but might still be,
depending on your audience. I have the same bias, probably from trying
to get sites to look okay in NN4 way back a year ago.

My $0.20.

- John
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.