[thelist] Metatags - we are not ranked anywhere in the search engines - PLEASE HELP!

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Feb 23 18:10:09 CST 2005

Message from Sylvia Braunstein (2/23/2005 06:54 PM)
>This is the feedback I got from the marketing manager about the report
>listed below:
>
>OK, we stink...anyone know why?  Although it seems we use page/site
>metatags, even searching for specific ones we list like "Rugged VME"
>or "MPEG2", etc. didn't list us at all.

That's not much to go on. Maybe if you show us a link we can provide more
helpful advice. But regarding google specifically, these two links may shed
some light:
http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html
http://www.google.com/webmasters/index.html

Essentially, I don't think Google puts very much weight on META tags as
they're so easily spammed.

>   And how the hell does
>MangoDSP get their own isolated Google listing?  What's up with that?
>Any ideas, anyone?  I'm pretty bummed about this.

Are you referring to a paid listing, maybe?

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/