[thelist] Re: Metatags - we are not ranked anywhere in the search

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Feb 24 09:20:38 CST 2005

Message from Chris Heilmann (2/24/2005 10:41 AM)

> >    I have a follow-up question. Understanding the importance of a
> > well-coded site, clean structure, and so on, I am supposing that frames
> > are also a no-no, since they split the single visual presentation into
> > separate component pages, each of which probably does not present the
> > entire context, have a title, etc. However, I haven't seen this
> > explicitly said in the several resources I've looked at from those some
> > of you have suggested. I have a friend who asked me a while back about
> > SEO, and I referred him to what I knew (including this list), but I
> > think his site is using some frames. So if those are working against him
> > in search engines, I want to tell him that. Are they?
>

>ppk for example uses a frameset for his great resource
>http://www.quirksmode.org/ and he has reasons
>(http://www.quirksmode.org/about/frames.html) for it. However, it does
>stop google short:
>

>That he is still easy to be found in google is due to the great content
>and a lot of people linking to the site.
>
>This is something to ponder :-)

Good response Chris.

In my rather-limited experience many entities that claim expertise in SEO
latch on to one or two factors that allow them to manipulate rankings, but
really I don't think there's any one factor that's a panacea for poor rankings.

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/