[thelist] RE:Metatags - we are not ranked anywhere in the search engines - PLEASE HELP!

BJ bj at kickasswebdesign.com
Thu Feb 24 14:29:07 CST 2005

There's a lot more to search engine placement than what's in your
metatags.  Some questions which occur to me-

Was the site ever submitted?  If so, to which search engines,
directories, etc . . .?
Are the metatag keywords mirrored in the headlines, text and alink text
in the content of the page?
How many other sites link to your site,and how do they do it? (hint--
"click here" is not getting you any benefit)
Are the keywords/keyphrases you've chosen highly competitive?  Are there
better, more targeted ones that are less so?

And that's just off the top of my head.  There is some good reading on
the subject here, as well as a lot of good links to other Search Engine
Optimization sites.
<http://selfpromotion.com>

Good do and don't list here:
<http://www.searchengineworld.com/tips/keywords.htm>

There's a forum here where you can get questions answered, also some
articles.
<http://www.seo-guy.com/>

Search engine optimization tools links here:
<http://www.webconfs.com/>

I've got a pretty good track record getting my clients listed in their
chosen keywords/phrases, usually within the top 5, and most of what I
learned is from the above sites and others linked from them.

Good luck.
bj