[thelist] Video editing hardware

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Thu Feb 24 17:39:17 CST 2005

Hi all,

OK, so I've been using my bosses machine to edit video on - my
workstation is a piece of crap, Squeezing it on another machine and then
embedding it in web content on my own machine.

Other than the exercise from running from machine to machine, the
process totally sucks, so after this last project I'm going to put in a
request for a proper editing machine that can handle my process.

We have Premiere Pro, Squeeze 4 and I use Dreamweaver MX 2K4.

Can anyone recommend a nice, robust, fast setup that would ease my pain?
We normally buy Dell, so think black (image-conscious), standardized
parts, good warranty, etc.

Any takers? We're not talking a $4K system here, just something capable.

Thanks,

Chris.