[thelist] Simple Javascript field checking

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 03:10:53 CST 2005

> I can see the very VALID reason for having a confirm password input -
> but for email?

Aye, fair enough. I was concentrating on the code, not the usability,
I'd have probably taken it out later :-)

> Also you should be using a label tag for form elements to help
> usability and accessibility.
>
> <label for="email">Email</label><input id="email" name="email"
> type="text">

Hmm, I've not come across that one. Nierdst (Web Design In a Nutshell)
doesn't really explain the need for it. I guess that means I need to
brush up my accessibility, so I've added Paciello's Web Accessibility
for People with Disabilities to my wishlist, thanks for the pointer
:-)