[thelist] E-Commerce stock control and fulfillment

Bruce McIntyre bmcintyre at issgroup.net
Fri Feb 25 10:05:56 CST 2005

In this case, I might suggest that the customer implement some minimal
back-end (ERP means Enterprise Resource Management) solution, and even
Quickbooks Pro would provide the ability to integrate to these
capabilities, without having to re-program them inside of the catalog
solution.  If indeed, their needs are so minimal that they don't have
such a back-end solution, it is a lot better to buy it than build it.
There are products from the minimal to the maximal, and even Open Source
solutions that are available.  This sort of functionality doesn't belong
in the 'Storefront' but in a more integrated back-end solution.

--
Bruce A. McIntyre
ISS Group (http://www.issgroup.net)
bmcintyre at issgroup.net