[thelist] Sending mail problem with ASP/CDO

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 10:38:09 CST 2005

--- Joshua Olson <joshua at waetech.com> wrote:
Try this instead...

As per your suggestion I tried:
--------------------------------

    Set objCDO      = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set objCDOConfig  = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    Set objFields    = objCDOConfig.Fields

    With objFields
      .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "127.0.0.1:92"
      .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
      .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/SendUsing") = 2
      .Update
    End With

    With objCDO
      .Configuration  = objCDOConfig
      .To          = "tom at somewhere.com"
      .From        = "no-reply at somewhere.com"
      .Subject     = "eHandbook Contact Message"
      .TextBody    = "This is my message."
      .Send
    End With

    Set objFields = Nothing
    Set objCDO = Nothing
    Set objCDOConfig = Nothing
--------

I for the smtp server I first tried the localhost alone at 127.0.0.1 but got the same error I am
getting now, which is why I tried hitting the port this web site is set on. (92) Neither works and
I get this:

COM Error Number  	-2147220973 (0x80040213)
File Name 	/SVM1/Handbook/process-contact.asp
Line Number 	28
Brief Description 	The transport failed to connect to the server.

I'm running Server2003 and there are a few things using localhost, which I'm guessing might be my
problem. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this? Seems like it just cannot see the correct web
site...

Tom

=====

http://www.pixelmech.com/

Melissa: Ace, Where are you?
Ace Ventura: I'm in Psychoville and Finkle's the Mayor.