[thelist] Process all pages as .asp under IIS

Justin Stach j.m.stach at canterbury.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 03:41:31 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm being asked if I could configure IIS to process all .html/.htm
pages as .asp pages - mainly so that our relaunched site doesn't break
a load of bookmarks. Technically this is possible, but does anyone have
any experience on knock-on effects? I'm guessing that there's going to
be an increased load on the server, as each page will need to be parsed
before it's served - is that right, and how bad an idea is it, if at
all.

Justin