[thelist] [IMAP][PHP] retrieving the same emails for a while

Raúl Ramos admin at costa-brava-homes.com
Mon Feb 28 11:18:12 CST 2005

Hi everybody in the list.

This is my first message here so I must apologize if this question has been already answered.

I have developed something in PHP which performs a connection to an IMAP server (INBOX folder), retrieves all the messages, moves them to a safety folder (FILED), an finally adds them to a DB.

The problem is that sometimes, if I use this aplication repetitively in a short piece of time, I retrieve the same emails for a while ( as I where retrieving them from a kind of cache) making lot of duplicated emails in the DB. (but they aren't duplicated in the FILED folder).

Somebody can tell me what is happening?

Thanks,

Raul Ramos