[thelist] Dreamweaver and hand-coding

Rick Hurst rick.hurst at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:11:41 CST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:33:50 +0100, Peter-Paul Koch <pp.koch at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'm looking for are people who pride themselves on their ability
> to hand-code a site, but nonetheless use Dreamweaver to speed up
> certain coding phases. For them I have the following questions:

I use dreamweaver mx 2004 in code view to hand code sites - the xhtml
and css code-completion are excellent and definately speed things up.

I also use the site manager as an ftp client - once the local and
remote sites have been designed, you can just right click a file and
"put" and it will automatically end up in the correct folder on the
live site, even creating the folders for you if they are not there.

I never use dreamweaver in "wysiwyg" view because it can't cope with
advanced css layouts, and I  would definately avoid all the other
stuff, especially the javascript it produces...

--
Rick Hurst
http://hypothecate.co.uk