[thelist] Flash files not showing after upload...

D Ross dross202 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 21:02:02 CST 2005

I know this list isnt as much for flash help but I've posted this
question on flashkit.com and macromedia and havent been able to get any
help...

I have been given a folder of flash files to be inserted into a web page
I'm building. What is supposed to appear on the web page is a flash
navigation consisting of 4 buttons and a series of photos that when
rolled over changes from photo to photo. Another person built the all
the flash stuff and I was given a folder with the .fla files, the
.swf's, 2 .xml files, some flash .html and 1 folder titled "media" that
has all the photos in it that are used. At first I couldnt get the flash
to even preview locally but I was given the flash authors phone number,
I contacted her and she did some stuff to the html to get it working. I
didnt upload it till the next day and now I it isnt working on upload.
Still works locally.

I dont know enough about flash or have enough web experience to figure
out what's wrong.

All of the flash on the index page is one flash file called
lentixBase.swf...meaning the navs and photos are all part of one file.

I think it has something to do with the paths but I dont know what. I've
tried adding swf/ to the file names. Maybe I'm missing something? Do I
need to add some sort of special paths to the images or the navigation?
What I can see on the index page is just the movie and not the
navigation. I dont have a pc but had a friend check over the phone and
they said none of the flash was there.

Here is the site:
http://www.davidrossdesign.us/lentix/

Just the navigation will be on all the sub pages and can be seen here:
http://www.davidrossdesign.us/lentix/sub.html
( It's not showing either)
<http://www.davidrossdesign.us/lentix/>
Thanks A BUNCH for any info,