[thelist] Software for Discussion Board and via Email

Michele Foster (WizarDev) michele at wizardev.ca
Thu Mar 3 22:25:40 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Brasna" <discuss at alphanumeric.cz>

> Phorum.org has a phorummail script that could be used for this with some
> hacking and procmail. However I prefer ezmlm + some connector to phpBB
> or similar.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It sounds like phorum with the add on will do
what I want, and I really like the samples that I've seen that use it.  I'm
going to try and install it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get the Pear
module that's required to work without having Shell access.  I guess I'll
find out tomorrow.  :)

Your second option, I'm afraid is way over my head.  I checked out the ezmlm
site, but I haven't a clue how I could install it with only FTP access.

Any other suggestions welcome.

And if there's anyone with experience installing phorum, plus the two add on
modules, one for adding messages to the forum from email and the other for
sending email from the forum, please contact me off list if you have time to
do the work in the next couple of weeks.  I can't promise that I'll
outsource this, but will know more tomorrow night.

Mich