[thelist] [the list] Mysql/Xml schema for storing words

Dejan Kozina dejan at kozina.com
Fri Mar 4 11:23:44 CST 2005

Utf-8 is a supported character set since 4.1
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/charset-unicode.html), so you have to
check the server version or use SHOW CHARACTER SET.
That said, I've stored data in MySQL 4.0 and 3.x with PHP and generally
had no issues, as I did never really care about collation (correct
localized alphabetical order). If all you care about is storing and
retrieving strings you'll get back what you put in it, no matter the
charset...

--
Dejan Kozina
Dolina 346 (TS) - I-34018 Italy