[thelist] Seriously cool advertising technique

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:19:53 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:13:25 -0500, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I don't see anything special. Maybe it doesn't work in all browsers/platforms?
>
> Could you explain more what you're referring to?

What browser are you using? I tested it in both Firefox 1.0 and IE 6
and the affect is more or less the same. Do you have javascript turned
off? If you do you won't see anything. The entire affect relies on
DHTML.

Up in the top right corner there is a small animation, when you mouse
over the animation it triggers a page curl affect showing what is
presumeably behind the page that you are looking at. What is actually
revealed is an ad in the form of a webpage. The cool thing about the
affect is the level of detail that is included. Not only do you get
the page underneath, but you also get its reflection in the page curl
portion. Overall, it is exceptionally well done and very unintrusive.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd