SPAM-LOW: [thelist] ASP.net question (forms)

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Mar 4 14:57:36 CST 2005

Hi Tom,

   Bookmark http://www.asp.net and http://systemwebmail.com for future reference.

   In the meantime -- assuming you have ViewState enabled -- you can just grab the data with this syntax:

Dim myText As String = textAreaID.Text

etc.

Cheers,

Peter

 From: Tom Dell'Aringa

Hi everyone,

I suddenly inherited an ASP.net issue, I have to send a simple e-mail with the contents of a
feedback form. I already have a script that works to send the e-mail. I am using this:

eHandbook Feedback" +
 "

Comments:" +
 "";
msgMail.Body = strBody;

SmtpMail.Send(msgMail);

Response.Write("Email was queued to disk");
%>
----------------------

This works, but I need to hitch up the actual form data, which consists right now of simply a text
field and a textarea. The form posts to this script. I just need to grab the input data and pass
it along to the script so I can send it in the email.

I have some old ASP stuff but I don't know how to handle this with ASP.net. Can someone clue me
in, or even just point me to a good tutorial?

Thanks

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/

Melissa: Ace, Where are you?
Ace Ventura: I'm in Psychoville and Finkle's the Mayor.