[thelist] Seriously cool advertising technique

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Sat Mar 5 18:35:03 CST 2005

On Mar 4, 2005, at 3:03 PM, M. Seyon wrote:

> Message from Chris Johnston (3/4/2005 02:33 PM)
> The novelty factor may be great, but really, unless there is some sort
> of motivation, who is going to go out of their way to look at the ad?
> Of course if the ad campaign were tailored to the technology - "peel
> back for a chance to win a discount on that new computer you're
> looking at" - that'd be a different story.

I think the best way to use this would be to make it just a bit bigger
and give the viewer a glimpse of something... intriguing.  Perk their
interest just enough to make them peel back that corner and take a
peek.  I also agree that tailoring it to what the viewer is looking at
already would be a great idea.

As is, I agree that it's so unobtrusive that most people will never see
the ad, but with a little tweaking it could be a truly excellent way to
advertise.

Steve