[thelist] Simple IF THEN in PHP

Christian Anderson lists at photokyo.com
Sun Mar 6 08:30:33 CST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I do all my work in ASP, but now have to add a little bit of flavor to a bit
of PHP.

Basically, I want to do an IF THEN that would work like this in ASP.

<%

somecounter = 1

DO while whatever... <-- the blog is taking care of this stuff -->

if somecounter = 1 then
response.write("hello world")
somecounter = somecounter + 1
else
end if

LOOP <-- again the blog software is taking care of this -->

%>

Basically I want to put some code only on the first post of a blog posting.
So basically on post 1 it will put in the "hello world" thing, and then for
any other posts that appear on that page it wont show anything.

I'm sure its not hard, but I haven't used PHP before so don't know how it
works exactly.

Thanks!

Christian Anderson  クリスチャン アンダーソン
::  <http://www.ckapublishing.com/> http://www.ckapublishing.com