[thelist] Feedback Form - Not Sending Data from Field

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Mon Mar 7 15:24:13 CST 2005

Depending on what scripting language you use (syntax), you can send only the
form variables you want via email, while writing all variables to the Dbase.

I assume you are sending "ALL" posted variables. An I assume "password" (or
equivalent) is your encrypted field that you do not want sent over email.
Instead of dumping all the variables into the email, you will need to loop
through the variables individually that you want and output them into an
email message.

Request.ServerVariables or Request.Form would be a good place to start.

Not knowing what language you are writing in makes it hard to show examples.

markJ

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Administrative HQ
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 1:06 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Feedback Form - Not Sending Data from Field

Hello.

I have a form which enters info in a Dbase, sends an
e-mail to the user and sends me the form info.

Question: As one of the fields to be completed by the
user is necessary to put the info in the Dbase...but
shouldn't be sent by unencrypted e-mail...is there any
way can prevent that field's input from being sent to
me while continuing to receive the rest of the
feedback?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
David