[thelist] Finding out the weight of a web page

Sam Carter sam at iness.com
Tue Mar 8 13:07:07 CST 2005

I want to know the weight of some of our competitors web pages -- is their

>an online tool that allows you to do that?  I tried the netmechanic.com, but
>it didn't add in the weight of the Flash files.  Also, some of the pages I
>want to check are asp -- can pages from a database be checked accurately?

A tool that will allow you to "add up" the components is Microsoft's
Fiddler (it's free)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebgen/html/IE_IntroFiddler.asp

It has other benefits too, if you like watching the dialog between your
browser and the server, this tool is great.

Sam