[thelist] Fomated tet box question

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Mar 9 08:37:02 CST 2005

Brian,

Since they want speed, and you want simplicity, I would be inclined to
forego all this hoopla with the slashes and let them enter the date as such:

030905

Then, either add some javascript magic when they LEAVE the field to validate
the field and format it properly, add some validation on submittal to
validate the field and format it properly, or add some server magic to
translate that value into a date on the server during processing.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/