[thelist] Manual ActiveX installation

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Mar 9 21:28:37 CST 2005

This is the case... The users in question are seeing absolutely no prompts
to install the Control when the visit the page.  I tried it myself and I see
the prompt at the top of the page to install the control, even in XP SP2.
So, I'm stumped as to why these users claim to not see anything.

As a simple solution, I was hoping to provide the .cab file (containing the
DLL) and a batch file to automate local installation.  As Vlad suggested, I
could simply register the DLL using regsvr32.   The question is, though,
what is necessary to emulate the automatic installation process that
normally occurs?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.