[thelist] JavaScript: Why can't this function see...

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 10 11:41:57 CST 2005

> > 1 The page there does NOT declare calDiv globally.
>
> Wrong.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+%22var+keyword%22

Line 32 of the file I see at the URL:

http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/calendar-widget_v2.html

is this:

var currentDateInput;

It is NOT:

var currentDateInput, calDiv;

as in Tom's first post. I thus am not seeing this variable being declared
globally.

> Your tone is not necessary. Not everyone has equal skill with
> JavaScript (or anything, for that matter).

My tone was neither necessary not generally appropriate for this list. I
only assumed that tone because Tom happens to be a personal friend of mine,
so I'm allowed to give him a hard time on occasion. :)

I also happen to know that he has secret aspirations to be a rocket
scientist. But please don't tell anyone.

Hershel