[thelist] Percentage of users still on Dialup? (offlist)

Bruce McIntyre bmcintyre at issgroup.net
Fri Mar 11 08:26:27 CST 2005

You are absolutely correct.  Even in the most affluent portions of the
US, penetration of broad-band is still less than 20%.  That means that
most browsers either do so from work, where they have broad-band access,
or are eternally grateful for 'svelte' websites.

An example of this is the recent heavy promotion by Microsoft of the new
MSN Search engine.... I looked at in once.. didn't even use it then.

The genius of Google is that it does what I want, only what I want, when
I want, and returns what I want.

Until others get off trying to use Search to 'tie' me to their home
page, they won't really substantially affect Google's market share. (And
I do have really good broad-band access here in SE PA.)

--
Bruce A. McIntyre
ISS Group (http://www.issgroup.net)
bmcintyre at issgroup.net