[thelist] Are you designing with CSS and web standards?

Mike Roy michaelproy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 09:34:50 CST 2005

> A designer could be thought more of as the architect, and neither the
> engineers who plan the implementation nor the contractors who build the
> house.

Hmmm ... that's a nice idea at first glance, but any functional
designer (houses, cars, websites) had better think thier design
through to implementation or there is real danger that:

* the design will be compromised to facilitate something the designer
didn't take into account. (plumbing, interior headroom, load times)
-or-
* the design will be adhered to strictly at the expense of some other
dimension (energy  efficiency, safety, browser compatability)

Examples: We've all seen ugly cars and I understand some of Frank Loyd
Wrights most beautiful houses are not ideal places to live.

- Mike Roy