[thelist] Annoyingly erratic IE issue (xpost from css-d)

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Mon Mar 14 18:20:06 CST 2005

(apologies to those who have got this at css-d, too)

Hi all,

I have a client who is being maddened by this issue - they are using
IE5.5, but I have seen it on the very latest version of 6.0:

http://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/leisure/arts

Or indeed any content page with images:

http://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/council/councillors/1939/ross
http://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/community/aged/210

Where, occasionally, the image will overlap the text, and right itself
after the completion of rendering, or a 'while' after that - sometimes
thirty seconds later, with no real stimulus.

Presumably it's a float issue? Though I can't see anything on PIE that
comes close.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Robert