[thelist] [Marketing] AdWords, AdSense, Overture, etc

Erik Heerlein erik at erikheerlein.com
Tue Mar 15 08:28:18 CST 2005

> I've been researching online advertising and it looks like the two
> biggest
> players in the market are Google and Overture. Any thoughts on this?
> Experiences?

Have tried both but the model didn't work for me. My market was unique
gifts and I wound up competing with very big businesses who had the
deep pockets. Since the products were unique, finding keywords was hard
because how could somebody search for a specific product if they didn't
even know it existed? Hence, the keywords people searched for tended to
be general like, "gemstone jewelry" and "wedding gift". And then I'm
bidding against big jewelry companies and it was just too competitive
to be worth the dollar. I found better ROI through other, more targeted
means for my target audience.

[>] Erik Heerlein
     Web Developer

     843-762-9382