[thelist] Rapid IA Prototyping

Daniel LeVangie-Stricklen muraii at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 10:03:55 CST 2005

Hi there,

I've read a few things about how various web designers
prototype their designs (Jason Santa Maria's Grey Box
Method
[http://www.jasonsantamaria.com/archive/2004/05/24/grey_box_method.php]
chief among them).  I have two questions for the list:

(a)  What do you use as a method for prototyping?
(b)  Do you do something differently if it's another
IA document, say, an application interface or document
template?

I ask because I'm going to transition into a position
within my company that would have me, at least part of
the time, working on interfaces for a variety of
information documents, templates, and the like.  For
instance, we use custom Excel templates in a variety
of situations (unfortunately, like much of the
business world).  Using Illustrator might not make as
much sense in this case.

Thoughts?

Daniel