[thelist] Event Monitor

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:49:32 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:31:58 -0800, Hassan Schroeder
<hassan at webtuitive.com> wrote:
> Warren Murray wrote:
>
> > Here is what's taking place, the system has events that are scheduled to
> > run at certain dates and times based on the events sequence.  When the
> > event(s) have come to their date/time to run, the Event Monitor is
> > suppose to sense the event(s) ready to be fired off and push the events
> > into another system.
>
> Sounds to me like you're describing some kind of "scheduler", which
> is a whole 'nother animal.

And if you are looking for a scheduler then I suggest you take a look at Quartz.

http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd