[thelist] problems with php_mysqli.dll and php 4.3

Antonio Angelo antonio.angelo at poste.it
Sat Mar 19 04:38:16 CST 2005

Hi all!

I'm rather new with PHP and would like to work with PHP 4.3 and mysqli (that
is designed to work with PHP version 4.1.3 or above).
Simple queries are OK with mysql but I've setup problems with mysqli.

This is my environment:
-Windows XP Home Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)
-PHP Version 4.3.10
-Xitami 2.5c2
-MySQL version: 4.1.10-nt

In a different machine a rather similar configuration (IIS; mySql
4.1.6gamma-nt; php
5.1.2) is OK, but I need to work under Win-XP Home.

Php 4.3 distribution comes with mysql embedded and no php_mysqli.dll so I've
copied php_mysqli.dll (from the other installation) in php/ext and added the
line extension=php_mysqli.dll but php cannot find it.

Why? How can I solve that?
Thanks!

Bye, Antonio
mailto:antonio.angelo at poste.it