[thelist] [css] FOUC and Peekaboo?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sun Mar 20 18:23:53 CST 2005

Hello List,

While it shows up fine on my own Win IE 6, on a friend's IE 6 (on
dialup) the homepage for a site I am working on shows the dreaded Flash
of Unstyled Content.  In addition, the rollovers for the nav menu (on
the right) seem to trigger the Peekaboo bug where my floated menu
disappears on :hover.  My friend's IE cache is set for "automatically,"
and everything else seems to be at its default.  This is the page in
question:
http://colorgrown.neptunewebworks.com/index.html

I just now applied the Holly Hack for the peekaboo, but I already had a
script in the HEAD element already (a common FOUC fix).  Could anyone
verify whether the FOUC is appearing on the page and/or peekaboo bug?

TIA!

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/