[thelist] One to many interactive broadcasting?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:12:23 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:45:51 -0700, Amy Johnson <amy at rocky-hills.com> wrote:
> I have a client who needs the capability to have one-to-many broadcast
> sessions using his website.  He wants to have a scheduled session once a
> week where anyone in the public can send in questions and he will answer
> them live.
>
> I've poked around and have found Chat Blazer and Userplane.  Can anyone
> recommend these or other software packages?  Any help would sure be
> appreciated because he will be featured on primetime Dateline next month
> so his web page needs these features pronto!

Nothing like a little pressure to get things going :-)

What do you mean by broadcast--video, audio, text? Also, once the
broadcast is done do you need to archive it some where? Will this be a
live phone-in broadcast or something that is prerecorded? Some more
details would help.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd