[thelist] Useability/design Opinion's sought

Mike evolt at muinar.com
Fri Mar 25 15:57:06 CST 2005

At 19:22 22.03.2005 -0500, you wrote:

> > [1] Bob the Sheep farmer talks about the crisis in the middle east:
> > http://www.baabaa.com/bob/
> >
> > This also makes the links be usable when you print the page.
>
>I think this is a really good idea. I like it.

Disagree. Users have to scroll down and up and lose their current
position in the text. And... it's like going back to the last
century when the hyperlink didn't exist and we only had books with
footnotes. The web is hyperlinks. And it's much more fluid to read
if the hyperlinks are in the text and I can, for instance, open the
link in a tab to read it later when I finished the current text.

Cheers

Mike

_____  mike s. krischker  http://webdesign-schweiz.ch/