[thelist] Prevent a request from redirecting browser....

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Mar 28 07:32:09 CST 2005

Good morning!

Here is the scenario. You have created an application that will be used
in-house. It is opened in a browser window where, via JavaScript, you
have eliminated all but the title bar.

If it is the only browser window open and you click a link in an e-mail
you have received that link proceeds to load in your application window,
which is not a good thing because you might lose application data since
you have the back button disabled (as much as it can be).

Here is the question. Does anyone know of a way to prevent the site from
opening in the browser window or having the newly clicked site open in a
new browser window? I have in my mind something like a JavaScript
interception.....

Clicked link makes request to currently open browser window
JavaScript pops-up a warning that when 'OK' is clicked a new browser
window will be opened leaving the application browser window unscathed.

I have done some googleing for this, but I may not be asking the right
questions to get the result I am looking for.

TVMIA!