[thelist] x-cart any good?

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 30 07:33:16 CST 2005

What about http://www.zencart.com ? does anybody has arguments on not
using this one instead of oscommerce ?
Since zencart is based on oscommerce code and improved ever since, while
oscommerce has its latest  milestone release way in the past, it seems
to me zencart would be the best choice for a shopping cart + catalog in
open source (php/mysql)
I didn't know that oscommerce still had plans to releasea new milestone
version, but it's really ridiculous and lack of respect to make people
wait that long.. I've also heard that oscommerce was not open to
contributions the way it should be and it is still hold by a couple of
coders with obviously not enough time to correctly manage oscommerce's
releases.