[thelist] signs of a hacker?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:04:52 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:52:32 -0500, Erik Heerlein <erik at erikheerlein.com> wrote:
> Someone has been repeatedly trying to buy stuff from my site using what
> seems to be made up info and each time they use a different card. It
> appears that they are just trying to see if the cards they are using
> are valid or not. I'm assuming that's the scheme.
>
> But in checking the logs I noticed that they found my site by googling
> the keywords, "result in AVS mismatch", which pulled up my FAQ page
> which explains to the customers how a transaction can be declined if
> they do not provide a correct billing address.

There was a thread on this problem not that long ago. If you do a
search you should find it in the archives.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd