[thelist] Frontpage Question

Christian Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Sat Apr 2 15:41:43 CST 2005

Niceperrson at aol.com wrote:

>How do I tell Frontpage that the website I am about to post to my host is
>only to be viewed by the person I am designing the website for. Lot's of times
>when you post a webpage or website to your host these robots take your pages and
>post them so the world can see even when you are not ready for the world to
>see. Please help me if you can

I never used frontpage (and I advise anybody doing web design to keep
FAR away from it, too) but I guess there is no way to do that with it.
It is a server thing, the easiest option is to protect the folder you
are uploading to with a login. As we don't know  your server, we cannot
help you further. On apache you do it via .htaccess.