[thelist] actionscript question

Travis tbrunn at pgmusic.com
Sun Apr 3 17:38:08 CDT 2005

Hi Erik, thanks for the reply.

I was trying to avoid that solution, since having the movieclip visible
impedes performance, even if it is somewhere off the stage.

After more research, I found a little technote.  Apparently when you load a
movie into an empty movieclip, all the properties on that clip are reset.
The way to get around this (if you don't want to use the new moviecliploader
technique) is to specify the properties in an onClipEvent.  So...

onClipEvent(load){
 this._visible = false;
}

...seems to work.