[thelist] User form input question

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Mon Apr 4 09:55:44 CDT 2005

This is exactly what I am looking for except for a couple things:

There are about 200 agencies.
The agency list is dynamic.
How do I populate the javascript array with the asp recordset?

Thanks

Chris Heilmann wrote:

>>Ok, this is another user request that I am not sure how to pull off:
>>
>>There are about 200 agencies. The agency table contains an ID, name and
>>code.
>>
>>During data entry the clerks know the agency code before the name.
>>
>>The would like to be able to enter the code and have the next field auto
>>populate with name.
>>
>>I have a record set with the Agency info that it retrieved when the page
>>first  loads.
>>
>>I am using asp, javascript, html on IIS with sql 2000 backend.
>>

>Set up the agency list as an array and populate the name field accordingly:
>
>http://www.onlinetools.org/tests/agencies.html
>
>Test codes:
>	agencies[1]='Agency1';
>	agencies[23]='Agency2';
>	agencies[122]='Agency3';
>	agencies[33]='Agency4';

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.